Tube heres a thread about those tar-filled crossovers they are pretty much a PIA to service if at all.I know you have to heat the tar up and try to scrap it out.Have to be very careful and patient.You have to look for a schematic,it maybe easier to build from scratch.VOTT rebuilt a pair I think maybe he can chime in here.
http://www.hostboard.com/forums/f700...rossovers.html


As far as I can remember there are different iterations of this xover, but how am I supposed to tell with all the tar goo in the xover cases? Basically, the caps and resistors must be way out of spec because I'm having to EQ these speaks just a little to get them to sound right and I don't like having to do that. Does anyone manufacture a current set of xovers I can use or will I need to build a set? Anyone have the schematics or done this before?



Bookmarks